The Healthcare Management (HCMT) Program within the Department of Management and Marketing at Winthrop University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The Program offers a B.S. in Business Administration (concentration in Healthcare Management) and is a Full Certified Member of AUPHA. The position supports undergraduate healthcare management and undergraduate and graduate business administration students.
1. Ph.D. or ABD near completion, in Health Administration or related field.
2. Documented excellence in teaching.
3. Experience or expertise in one or more of the following areas: health economics of health care, finance, health information technology, quality management, and/or healthcare law law and ethics.
4. Documented record of scholarly activities or potential for scholarly activity.
5. Ability to develop collaborative relationships with faculty across disciplines
About Winthrop University
Winthrop University's College of Business Administration is the academic home to over 1100 undergraduate students majoring in fifteen areas and more than 130 graduate students in its MBA program. The college has a total of 60 faculty members. The college has been accredited since 1979 by AACSB, ABET and AUPHA, making the AUPHA-certified undergraduate healthcare program the only such program in South Carolina. The college also houses the regional office of the South Carolina Small Business Development Center, providing strategic support to entrepreneurs and business owners. Faculty member hold national offices and have received local, regional and national recognition.