3. Affiliation: Graduate School of International Social Sciences
4. Teaching Obligations: Courses in business management (preferably including a course on “Japanese Management” for doctoral students) at the undergraduate, masters, and doctoral levels, including delivering short-term intensive lectures overseas and accompanying students on overseas study trips
5. Qualifications and Conditions: The applicant should: (1) have academic expertise in the relevant research field. (2) hold a PhD degree or its equivalent or be a candidate for a PhD degree. (3) be able to teach in English. (4) have at least basic Japanese language ability for handling general administrative tasks.
6. Planned Date of Start of Employment: October 1, 2019 or April 1, 2020
7. Job Type: Full-time position without a fixed term of employment (probation period: 6 months) Mandatory retirement age: 65
8. Screening: (1) First screening: examination of documents (2) Second screening: seminar and interview in person or via teleconference
9. Documents to be submitted: (1) Curriculum Vitae with a photo attached, using the specified form #1 at: http://www.cba.ynu.ac.jp/rec2019/rireki-e.doc (2) List of publications, using the specified form #2 at: http://www.cba.ynu.ac.jp/rec2019/gyoseki-e.doc (3) Reprints or copies of three main academic papers (or books) authored or co-authored by the applicant in the applicant’s research field. (4) Syllabi: One semester course (number of lectures: 15) in business management for undergraduate students One semester course (number of lectures: 15) in business management for masters students The applicant may specify the titles and contents of the courses at his or her discretion. A summary of the course should be included in the syllabus. The information included in these documents will be used for screening purposes only and properly handled on the basis of the rules of Yokohama National University.
10. All the application documents should be sent together by registered mail. Please write in red “Application for the Business Management Position” on the envelope. If you wish to have your application materials returned, please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
11. Application Deadline: Application documents must be received by April 22, 2019
12. Application to be addressed to: General Affairs Office, Graduate School of International Social Sciences, Yokohama National Univ., 79-4 Tokiwadai, Hodogaya-ku, Yokohama 240-8501 Japan
All communication should be directed to the Selection Committee at: email@example.com This job posting is listed on the Japanese job hunting site for researchers, JREC-IN Portal. https://jrecin.jst.go.jp/seek/SeekJorDetail?fn=3&ln=1&id=D119030112&ln_jor=1
About Yokohama National University
Yokohama National University (YNU) was founded in 1949 by the national government of Japan. YNU has approximately 7500 undergraduate students, 2500 graduate students, and 600 full-time faculty.
Since its foundation, YNU has been committed to the spirit of solving actual, real-world problems by putting theory into practice, encouraging new endeavors, widely opening its doors to society, and fostering exchange with other nations.
In testament to this commitment, YNU declares that it will make every effort to establish a strong footing in academic research and education in the world of the 21st Century by upholding four fundamental principles: “Be Active,” “Be Innovative,” “Be Open” and “Be Global.”